Monday, June 06, 2005

Happy day! Despite a morning of absimal hell.

I couldn't make the afternoon press conference for the Chiefs due to work, but our new part-owner, Weber, opted to come to the Aces at 6pm to meet with all that could not make the conference. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and excited to get things underway. I'm really eager to see how things play out for the team this year.

It is my understanding from his discussion that Tampa Bay has added more vested interest in our club, needless to say this is wonderful news. We're going to see some changes - heaven knows many have been calling for changes, but I'm sure they'll still bitch when they see change actually coming down the pike. BAH!

From there, fan club meeting. Good evening - always lovely to see my hockey peeps. I so miss you folks during the summer. Then, how else to top the evening but with a drink or two. Nothing worse than a 22 year old passed out on my couch while I blog. They simply have no drinking stamina. For some reason one of the scenes from Interview with the Vampire popped into my head as I typed that. *grin*

So what chapped me so much today at work? Well I can't post all happy thoughts, can I? Today - as I had predicted on Friday - the migration of our networks did NOT work at 100%. I tried to log in. "WELCOME TO WINDOWS". You've got to be kidding. Where the hell is my profile and why can I not get to any network drives. *moan* Needless to say it took until 2pm to get things resolved, or mostly so. After a few meetings I tried to print things I needed to finish tonight since I couldn't get to them all day... and I can't print. Ok, do we think my work will be done for tomorrow? I think now.

No comments: