Sunday, June 05, 2005

Time for a long post to babble and get the world caught up with the incredibly boring thoughts and things that fill my life. Why DO you folks find this so interesting as to read?

What a lovely day for a walk (once it cools down later this afternoon). Too bad my would-be walking accompaniment is in Toronto. Boogers. In order to try and enjoy the day I've opened quite a few windows, but I know I'll pay for that action, no matter how much flonase I use. The neighboring yard (ok, it looked more like a wheat field) is getting mowed today. Let's place bets on how many hours before my breathing is compromised. Eh, I'm more stubborn than that - I won't die, just cause I know how many of you would get too much pleasure out of that. Needless to say, I won't be pulling out the pressure washer today either - in an effort to avoid the cut grass. The world is working against me getting any of this crap finished.

This weekend has been pretty busy with church-related activities. I spent a few hours there last night for our healing service. It was a very nice service and hard to explain to someone how it feels to truly be in the presence of God's healing power. Today our standard service and then dropped a couple more bags of clothes at the Salvation Army. My closets are cleansed! My dresser drawers are no longer crammed and room has been made in the closet for more jerseys *huge grin* If only I could find the motivation to totally clean out the upstairs rooms like I did my own.

I'm getting a little concerned with my body's general ability to heal. I'm not surprised that I can still see exactly where the bruise was I obtained three weeks ago trimming Beff's bush. The colors have faded, but there is still discoloration and a bumpy type feel under the skin. Further, it's been over a week since the bee-sting and that looks just as crappy. The location of the sting is still quite obvious and a white ring 3/4 of an inch around that is white and slightly raised still - though not sore. Outside of that there is a reddish-purple bruise like discoloration for about an inch. What does one do under those circumstances but call mom to find out what the deal is. When your mother seems to find that "not normal" but has little else to say it's not comforting. I guess when my leg rots off (keep in mind these two wounds are only about 5 inches apart) we'll all know what gives.

All three fish are happy and bubbling this week, likely due to the warmer water they've been afforded by my ability to turn off the heat and to allow the outside temperatures to warm the house. I can't believe it's June. The dogs, pretty quiet. I've been finding them basking in the sun from the front window or flopped down outside pretty often. That's one good thing to them getting a wee bit older, they're more inclined to sleep.

Maybe to bring my blog full circle I need to defrost a slice of Andes pie. Yes, I have one hidden from winter. Who says I can't "put the cookie down"?!

No comments: