Sunday, March 13, 2005

Saturday night the Chiefs put up a respectable effort. Hoof and Demo scored for us, but the Nailers tied it up with less than 30 seconds left in the third - taking us to overtime, where we tend to LOSE. Right at the end it looked like Bilodeau was having some issues gimping about on the ice, so I was curious to see if he would be playing today, which he was. I didn't see the play that hurt him as I was already out in the concourse for the photo table and peeking in off and on.

We did have a great crowd however, probably the most packed I've seen the War Memorial all year. The Hanson brothers were on parade and signing autographs. While I had to work the favorite player voting bag all evening I had someone else get those three signatures on my copy of SlapShot. *woohoo* The red jersey auction finished up as well raising a few bucks. Matt Reid put on quite a good SlapShot-esque show with his jersey getting the price up a few bucks. Good work Reider ;)

Today I think I could have used a few extra hours of sleep but I got up to hit the early church service in order to cook a meal prior to the game. YES, multiple home cooked meals within a week's time! I'm not big on leftovers, but I suppose that's what I'll be having Monday and Tuesday for dinner - before I head out for travel on Wednesday. Proof I'm nuts... I'm still quite bummed that I'll be missing this Thursday's game due to travel. But I'll still be listening boys.

The game today was disappointing to say the least. Again we had the lead and watched it crumble before our eyes. Mather, Reid, and Collins all scored, but we still lost to Toledo 4-3. I'm not the coach, it's not my place, but I guess there was some gentlemen out drinking late last night. Probably not the best of ideas when there isn't much to be said about the win column as of late. At least I got some ice time and some exercise out of the day, even if it's becoming abundantly clear that some people are... well, it's like they're forbidden to speak to me. If that's the case, that's pretty sad. The last thing I'd ever consider myself to be is a threat.

With three games and three losses this weekend the rumor mills are spinning at full throttle. I've heard everything from Shawn Mather being traded (which would be sad given that, in my opinion, he is one of only two guys still giving 100% the whole way through the game at this point) to major sweeping changes across the bench. I guess I could see huge trades benefiting us monetarily at the moment. I mean, it's pretty clear we're not play-off bound, may as well get some funds in trade for helping a team that is in contention. But would a player come BACK here next year if traded away at the end of this season? I'd love to know how that type of thing weighs on a player's decisions.

"I miss, God I miss, waking up beside you. -Stabbing Westward"

No comments: