Friday, March 04, 2005

I had a few rather curious thoughts this evening after becoming aware of some things here and there. I have to ask you dear ghost of the past if you see any similarities or patterns occuring in your life that you went through years ago. You know, the ones where you kept your mouth shut, heck, you even agreed about certain things being a good idea. Maybe you thought you were just being supportive, maybe you just wanted to please... either way you compromised what you really wanted and ended up making yourself (and me) miserable in the long run.

I've laughed a bit at other revelations that came to my awareness in the past so many months. If only I could say to your face "I told you so", but what good would it do? Once a pawn always a pawn. I guess I've come to learn in the past year that I don't even listen to myself or my own intuition... so why expect anyone else to hear me loud and clear?

Honestly there are several people in my life right now that I want to smack up side the head and remind them of my past comments. I've also got a few that kind of chapped me by changing their opinions and plans - which while none of my business, I did take a minor personal slight to how things "changed". But I'll get over it.

Now, to something which is normally a pleasurable conversation: Hockey. The Chiefs fell behind pretty quick 2-0 against the Nailers. I can almost hear Nailer_Fan and his dang horn mocking me already. It was pathetic in the first to hear the announcers talking about Rouleau going at it with Demo. Demo more than holds his own despite a 6" disadvantage and it sounded like Rouleau still tried to strut about post-scrap. *rolls eyes* Joe Tallari helped to keep us in the game, scoring less than three minutes before the end of the first period.

Joe's been playing an amazing game lately. With a team that is collectively just not pulling together it's even more impressive to see Joe's numbers. I personally attribute some of this to Joe starting to push and shove on the ice. For the most part the rookies, particularly those out of college, haven't seemed to get too physical. Maybe Joe just got sick of getting shoved around and decided to push back. Whatever it is, his game has just completely solidified, going from good to stellar.

In the second, Bilodeau smacked Morency to the ice after he started messing with Leiny, both ended up with a game misconduct. With a mere 20 seconds in the second Bowman snapped one in to tie us up. At the top of the third Jean DesRochers landed in the box, but gratefully the Nailers didn't convert (I can't help but think of how mad he gets about penalties). Instead, with the next penalty against us they stepped up to take the lead again. A good scramble as the clock counted down but to no avail.

In Mississippi Bates scored his second goal with the SeaWolves. Go Batesey go!

"But you don't know how to listen, and to let me make my decision. -Staind"

No comments: