Saturday, March 26, 2005

Another loss for the Chiefs in Reading on Friday night. By the end of the second it looked to be another nightmare with the Chiefs down 4-0. Joe Tallari did pull off a lone goal for Johnstown and the final ended at 5-1. Cavy and Jean DesRochers helped out on that goal helping their overall points a wee bit. Joe Tallari Joe Tallari Joe Tallari. I'm typing that name a good deal lately. Keep up the good work Joe, you've been playing a stellar game as of late despite the inability for the team to pull together as a whole.

I guess I should extend a happy Easter to all. I also suppose as a Christian it should at the top of my list of holiday's to celebrate, but somehow it's just another day. Heck I don't even get mom's big Sunday meal w/ her being in Texas right now. Fooey.

I did a bit of shopping last evening, finding little, and the same with today - minus groceries. This afternoon I double checked my taxes and e-filed. It's nice to have them finished even if I did owe a good chunk. To treat myself and unwind I have a fire blazing and a batch of home-made chicken noodle soup simmering which is making the house smell wonderful.

On another note, it's true... people love to see their name. You'd think I'd be happy to know that my friend Angela's blog is called "my blog for Judy" (one will note this link in my routine haunts on the side) but to specifically be referred to in an entry makes me smile. This entry reminds me how quiet things have been for Type O Negative. I hear they're still working another album. I'm eager for that, but I'll be even more thrilled to see tour dates.

One will note dear Angela, to make appropriate reference with my corresponding 80's association it would be Warren DeMartini from Ratt (he's the second one from the left) *grin* Further, Warren was the guitarist for Whitesnake in the 90s, which Angela mentioned in her post. Small world eh? I swear my love for long haired men comes from being a child of 80's music.

Now on to the game! Playing against Shawney Mather and Jason Notermann with Atlantic City. We dropped by one for the first, but Reid tied us back up in the second. Shortly thereafter Jonathan Tremblay and Both went at it. From there the Chiefs went up by one before the end of the second with a shot from Dmitri Tarabrin. In the third Mather pulled one on us and tied things back up. I'm starting to get torn here Shawn... it's usually easy to give a good boo when someone comes back, but I didn't think I could do that to you - you keep scoring on us and I'll start to think otherwise ;) Go figure, I no sooner write this and he scores again. The Chiefs are then down 3-2. Tsk tsk.

From there the Chiefs pull one from Brian Collins (chicken-legs *grin*) and tied things back up, but AC pulled back up once again. Then, the straw... Shawn Mather taps another, getting a hat trick and finishing us off 5-3. :P *huge grin* In all honesty, good for you Shawn, you deserve all that is coming your way as hard as you played for us. I still maintain Shawn and Joe pushed themselves the hardest as things began to go downhill for the team. We've had lots of pretty high scoring games lately. It's not that we're playing abysmally - things just aren't falling into place completely.

The Seawolves are continuing to play well, ensuring themselves a place in the playoffs by stomping Louisiana 7-2. The Battaglia brothers were pretty quiet early in the game, but Anthony scored in the third.

No comments: