Sunday, February 13, 2005

We WERE winning. For a brief shining moment. But at the end of the first it was Riverwomen 3, Chiefs 1. And... the 1 was a short-handed from Bilodeau. *blink blink* We scored. Short handed. But then tumbled back down the hill. What gives? How to snap out of this!

There were a few nice attempts on goal by Tallari, Desrochers, and Van Hoof from the sound of things that were snapped off by the Peoria goalie (Michaud). Come the end of the 2nd... 1-7 (some of those scored short handed by the Riverwomen) and finished up as such. I'm actually crying... crying over a game that _I_ didn't participate in and _I_ have no means by which to change the outcome. How pathetic is that? No, it's not hormones or anything else people will assume.

I hear Toby was a wee bit peeved at the end of last night's game. I guess it's things like this that really show how much all of this weighs on him. I sure wouldn't want the stress of being the person who has to figure a way out of this mess.

Well the only way I can help is to go mourn. So Davey T, Slipster, Beff and I are off to celebrate anti-Valentine's day. I think I'll start off with a load of garlic on my wings - that should ward off the vampire known as St. Valentine as he looms set to drain me and my desire to breathe. All he did was steal the glory from Lupercalia and all the delightful lust it encompassed. Leave it to the Christians to take a perfectly good holiday and smash it to bits with the elusive concept of love.

No comments: