Sunday, February 06, 2005

Ok, so maybe I should have just stayed late at work friday night. Eh. We started off first with a goal from Demo, but that is where things ended and we lost to AC 3-1. No, it was nice to be back at a home game. I had to argue with another fan club member who called Mike James her husband... how can that be? He's my wife! More entertaining about it was having the iron puppy bring Thompson his birthday puck and cupcake :) Post game everyone headed out for a sip or two at Jerry's. It was nice to get to sit and bs with Beff, Slipster, Thompson, Mitthy, and Mike.

Today I got up and spent way too much time struggling to wrap up my paper. I'm sure it's terrible, but I just couldn't come up with more valuable content. At least I was able to go to the game w/o a paper on my mind. We started off looking great against the Gulls and we were up 2-0... but let me just summarize by saying we went into a shootout and lost miserably (again). Mather and Cavy scored our goals, for what it's worth.

BK is in town getting more of his things as the Griffins are most definitely keeping him - which is wonderful news for him. Beff, BK and I chatted for a few minutes, it's good to know that he got the emails from the website and it seemed like they put a smile on his face. Keep up the good work in Grand Rapids BK!

Amusingly enough we ended up going to Scott's by Dam with rather interesting company post game. "Uncle Jake" was nice enough to drag our little girl crew out to have a few drinks with Paul McIntosh, a professional hockey scout from the Dallas Stars. I love being able to sit and bs hockey with people, but to actually have him telling us ladies that we knew a good bit about hockey was quite the compliment. It's nice to know someone is here peeking at our boys. We even convinced him to stay here instead of heading to Wheeling tomorrow, okay he was already borderline on that one but our charm won him over. You're welcome boys. I ask you little Chiefs boys - were you naughty or nice this year? How do you think you ranked on this Santa's list? Hopefully our friend will remember to join us for pre-game warm-ups.

From here out I will take on the comment made about me by this cool guy for any and all practical purposes when it may come in handy... "fooled you eh?"

No comments: