Saturday, May 22, 2004

The vacation saga: May 9, 2004

The first day at sea turned out as I expected... mother dear was quite sea sick, which pretty much took the entire day for her to feel better after I got the pills for her. While she wollowed in bed not feeling well I hit the deck to start trying for my tan *ha*. It was a bit chilly that day, but at least the pool area wasn't busy.

After mom was feeling better we did a little bingo playing. I know it's so old lady, but bingo can be entertaining :) I also made sure to make my way to the sports bar to catch some of the satellite TV (the game where Calgary whooped on San Jose in overtime).

Next it was time for dinner and a show. It was our first formal night so I had to dress up. Dang I clean up good. :) The filet was delightful, and the cherries jubilee desert was also of note. For that night's show we had the old comedian Marty Allen and his wife. It was a great act.

To end the night I hit the vortex, the ship's nightclub. Cool ass place, with great lighting and a rotating bar - very sweet. While most everyone was ancient I did see two cuties that were about my age that evening. Subsequently I did a little research on them and found out they were a bit too goody-twoshoes for me, so didn't bother even trying to meet them.


The vacation saga: May 10, 2004

Mom slept like a foolio the entire trip, well except at night, when she'd wake up way too early. So suffice it to say she did a good bit of napping this day. I instead hit the pool area again in an attempt to get somewhere with the tan and did some reading. It was a much warmer day and I got to do some reading and sipping of fruity beverages - excellent place to be.

While sitting by the pool the polynesian dancers were out doing their thing for the first of several times. But more on that later ;)

Other days events - watching "The Italian Job" in the theatre, eating eating eating (that's the theme of any cruise), and a cool magic show for the evening's show. Afterwards, needless to say I hit the sports bar again to watch the Flyers whoop Tampa Bay 6-2 to tie up the series.

No comments: