Thursday, May 20, 2004

Hey babies... did you miss me? I know a few people sure did. *grin* I'm sure you've been anxiously checking in for some information on my trip.

I'm a bit whooped right now, so how about if I give you the beginning and the end, and then fill in later?

5/8/2004 - Left from Pittsburgh bright and shiney to make my way to Ensenada Mexico. We flew into San Diego. The flight in a quick synopsis - crying babies and line cutting blue hairs *the later will be a reoccuring theme throughout my trip - I think it's triggered at a certain age*.

I didn't get much sleep between the squealing rugrats and the flight attendants who found parking the drink cart in the middle of my knee cap to be the optimal location. Key tip here for people traveling with small children - PACIFIER. Get one.

Upon arriving in San Diego I experienced the worst clutter of luggage I've ever seen in an airport in my life. The security was non-existant and quite disheartening. At least my bags managed to get to the right place. After finding the bags in the midst of exploded luggage and luggage that was stacked to fill the ENTIRE luggage claim we made our way onto the bus to Ensenada.

The scenery, while sombering to see how some of the smaller Mexican villages live, was still beautiful and unique. We were graced with a bus driver who talked at great length the entire way. Yes, it made the two hour drive go quickly, but now I think I know him and his aquaintances better than I know some of my own friends.

Finally, the ship. Serenade of the Seas is a beauty. I did cruise Royal Caribbean's Monarch a few years ago - while it too was nice, Serenade easily excelled. We settled in and I lucked out here too. While I had an interior cabin booked and paid for, they gave us an exterior one on the same deck - woohoo! I made sure I went to the deck to watch us depart. It was nice to be serenaded by the Sea Lions in the harbor as we left.

There is nothing better than sleeping on a gently rocking ship. I slept like a champ.

Now, to wrap up the trip, as I said - I'll give you the middle of the story another day.
5-20-2004 By the time the 20th started I was already half way home. Our flight from Honolulu, Oahu to Chicago, IL was my lucky day. Since I was willing to give up my seat for another couple to sit together they upgraded us to first class *grin* Believe me, very nice on a long flight like this one.

I didn't sleep much on this flight, but I did do some more reading and listening to my music while my mind floated across things that are back on my mind as I return to my 'mundane' life. Second flight from Chicago to Pittsburgh, uneventful - gratefully.

We made our way back out to get Satin and Vixen by noon at Cozy Inn without too much rushing. Of course, THAT part wasn't without incident. Cozy Inn had left a message to prepare me, Satin was at the vet. Apparently, Vixen is still trying to challenge for Alpha, and decided to do so while at the Inn. Satin now has a nicely boogered up ear for the trouble, and was at the vet. She's fine, no worries, but will be taking antibiotics for a few days to make sure we don't end up with an infection.

Satin and Vixen did, of course, return home tired and were happy to sleep while I stepped out this evening at the warm welcome of a few of my friends (aww, you really did miss me).

No comments: