Thursday, January 29, 2004

I think it's time to rename my blog... "lack of cake, lack of hockey and two pissed off dogs". So the night before last I convince my dearie friend Kirkus to go grub with me. I partake in some mighty tasty chicken quesadillas... well at least they were tasty going down. I ended up with a stomach ache, nothing surprising after all that cheese etc. But they woke me back up!

After hourly trips to the bathroom starting at midnight I quickly diagnosed myself with food poisoning. Yum. Morning finally came and I still felt pretty bad, so work was out of the question. Now... here's the kicker. What do people do when they're stuck at home in bed? Watch TV, right? Bzzt - too much show had covered my dish and I had been too icky the night before to fix it, so no TV for me (thus no hockey).

Normally when I stay home the dogs get a little extra attention and play time, so they were, needless to say, a bit peeved with me. Satin took to jumping up on the bed and walking over me periodically to make her presence known.

So here we are, Thursday morning, can we put some icing on that cake that I was too sick to eat? Sure enough... car is stuck as stuck can be. I guess not moving it for two days allowed the guys in the plows long enough to get me 110% stuck. After 50 minutes trying I conceeded and called the man with a Ford to come get me (how humiliating).

As to make sure that my entry ends on an up note to shatter the image of those that would say my blog is bleak... at least the past 36 hours helped my diet. :)

No comments: