Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Alas, a return to Johnstown. Needless to say it's much colder here, and mother nature decided to show me some lovely flurries as I went to pick up the dogs from the kennel. They were quite chipper when I picked them up. But I'm hoping they'll be tired and sleep for a few days.

So here's a long story that can't be made short for you to sum up my talent w/ men.

On the flight to Texas, well actually from Johnstown to Pittsburgh, there is a hottie pilot. So I make mention of this to my mother, who flew down with me. Being her normal, encouraging, self she basically told me I didn't stand a chance. Being the type of girl who HATES being told I can't do something I said "oh yeah?".

My eyes and my opportunity had their chance again on the way home... he was again flying our plane. *woot* So after the flight lands I chat him up for a second or two and offer up the contact info. Here's where we 1). learn that Judy has crap for luck and 2). mom is always right... somehow. So he leans off to the side, covers his mouth and tells me he's gay.

Now I ask you - was that just a clever and easy way to blow someone off? Would someone tell you that right off the bat? Who knows. Either way, guys usually at least go out with me once or twice before they realize their gay ... I guess I've honed my talent for switching them over over the years.

But at least I got to tell mom that I did talk to him and got his name. Dave the fly-boy... woohoo. So does this mean my mom's gay-dar is better than mine?

At least there are beautiful sunsets on the flight from the Burgh to Jtown to keep my eyes entertained for future flights.

No comments: