Monday, January 01, 2024

A few months ago I purchased a new faucet for my kitchen sink.  Note I said purchased, not installed.  Today my favorite egg said, let's install that... sigh.  It leaks right at the handle and into the cabinet below.  Not sure if it is a bad cartridge or what.  I ordered another (fortunately, the same one is still available both on Amazon and Home Depot), but it won't be here until Friday the 5th.

I quickly learned that if I don't have running water I would be quite challenged to do dishes in a manner I find acceptable - and that was with me bringing pitchers of water from the 1/2 bath.  At least I had the presence of mind to get things going for dinner before we started that task -- too bad I hadn't made and cleaned up from dinner first.

This right here is what I hate about home improvement.  Further, I have to admit, if I had tried to replace this myself I wouldn't have gotten very far as there were pieces of the old one that he had a hard time getting loosened - I would have been doomed.

No comments: