Thursday, November 02, 2023

I remain exhausted and behind.  While I got a good bit addressed outside before the first snow (we woke to it November 1) I didn't get the hot tub water changed out, nor did I 'disable' my rain barrel - I did drain it, but I should probably flip it over and put the rest of the downspout back.  I think there is another two large garbage cans of clippings to make in winter prep.  The lawn did get mowed one last time about a week ago.

School was out last Friday and this past Monday.  Wednesday was our parent teacher conference and a holy day of obligation.  Today (Thursday and Friday) are half days.  It's keep the kid occupied while getting work under control season.  Thank goodness they gave us a week off from homework.  Hopefully I'll get the Halloween decorations down --and away-- by Thanksgiving.

I'm also struggling to get enough sleep again.  There's the waking in the middle of the night from the dogs only to be followed by the cleanup necessary when Saffy then still poops in the house.  I almost fell asleep during church last night.  Tonight I made it to 4pm with work when I cut out a bit early to nap on the couch for two hours.  I'm still feeling like I could zonk right back out, and hopefully I will at bedtime for a full night.  Yep, and it's time for them to frell with the clocks to screw me up further.

On another, but very related and necessary note, I got a moka pot.  I've had my eye on one but it seemed needlessly complicated.  I think I have it figured out and I gotta say, it's pretty delish - and strong - which is needed these days.

I know with all of this going on it seems crazy that I took on more foster cats, but getting to sit peacefully holding them is actually quite soothing.  We've made some progress.  I can hold them, but they still look fairly scared and we haven't had our first purr yet.  There is debate on the gender of the black cat.  I'm pretty sure we're talking male but the records for that # cat indicated female... I'm just not seeing it.  If that situation is what I believe it to be, we have Jackson (black), Summer (tabby female), and Pickle (tabby male).  Can you tell it was Avery's turn w/ names?.

No comments: