Friday, November 17, 2023

And another burst of pretty decent temps!  I'm loving this, especially now that my time outside isn't working to prepare it for winter - although I could prb mow the back again as a result of the nicer temps.  At a minimum w/ the kids playing on the swing set I am scooping regularly, that definitely lightens the load come spring.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week.  I have planned to make a mac and cheese that involves pumpkin and some of Alton's pb fudge as our food contribution to the gathering.  I have also gotten into the habit in the past couple of years of coming up with a feature drink that appeals to my favorite egg's two female cousins and I.  This year during brainstorming a pecan pie vodka was mentioned, but noted that they've never seen it.  Well, the PA LCB was willing to do a special order, so I ran and picked that up last night and did some stocking up of various other items.  Of course, I left w/o Irish Cream, which is needed for the one recipe we wanted to try w/ the pecan pie vodka so I need to pop back in.

I had also ordered a signed bottle of Four Walls Irish Whiskey.  For whatever reason, PA LCB would ship that direct to me but the special order bottle had to go to the store.  Whatever, it's here.  If Four Walls is meaningless to you, it is from the gents (Glenn, Rob, and Charlie) of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  I'm not a whiskey person, but... eh, why not fan girl for a hot moment?

No comments: