Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The hours aren't that much longer than they were in pre-k, but for some reason the time seems to be going faster and the amount of time to do things outside of work hours feels a lot shorter.  I'm feeling pretty wiped out.  I guess the seasonal allergy thing doesn't help either.  So grateful to have indulged and headed upstairs to ready for bed at 7:30 last night.  I was asleep by 9 and I needed it.

I need to find the time to clear out the remaining garden plants out back.  There are a few tomatoes that I was trying to give every opportunity to ripen on the vine.  The basil never tried to go to flower/seed on me, which is crazy - I'm going to try taking a snip to grow through the winter, we'll see how that goes.  I am also going to cut back a couple of the pepper plants and try to winter them over again.  At some point I'll get good at that if I keep trying it, right?  The last round of lettuce looks nice, so that has to come into the basement as is.  We're looking to hit 35 on Sunday, so time is short - I need to make it all happen.

For today, I have some running to do while I pick Avery up from after-school activities.  I'm also going to hit the newly opened (this morning at 9am) Ollie's in Washington.  I'm so excited to have one closer!

I caved and turned on the furnace this week, mostly for the sake of the cats overnight and the kid in the morning.  Church is still cuddled up against me overnight, which is nice.  Barnabas, our current foster, was out running about most of the day yesterday.  He's still not thrilled with the dogs and gives them hisses when they come near, but he has made great progress.  I am very proud of Zero, who has been very chill around Barnabas; it isn't often I get to tell him what a good boy he's being!

No comments: