Sunday, June 25, 2023

We have finally gotten to spend some time at town park.  Avery and I got there one day last weekend to swim and returned yesterday afternoon for a few hours after attending some of our town's 100 year celebration for town park.

The weather has turned quite warm again, but we did get some rain so the barrel is full again... I guess that's a nice lead in to the garden updates!

I have had a steady stream of lettuce, but the next batch hasn't taken off just yet.  Many tomatoes are started on the sweet 100s, but nothing turning just yet.  The other types of tomatoes have flowers, but nothing growing just yet.

The peppers are just getting past the blossom stage.  I'm hoping for a good harvest with variety..  My cabbage was starting to get a nice little head, but tonight I spotted a ton of eggs (of some sort) in the first layers and the top layer chewed up.  I scraped many eggs out and need to drop some diatomaceous earth in there to try and prevent its destruction.

The basil and mint is booming.  I pulled my first green onion today for use in a tuna and egg salad.  The pumpkin plants are tossing tendrils every which way.  The first set of potatoes plants are still quite green.  The second set of greens are popping up quite nicely  Last week I had pulled about half of the beets, cooked, and pickled them.  I had started some new seeds in their place and I'm hoping to have another harvest from said seeds.  The smaller ones from the earlier seeding remain.

While we are getting plenty of time in outside and the garden is being tended to, the inside is a train wreck. I think there is 4 loads of laundry sitting upstairs waiting for me to fold right now.

No comments: