Wednesday, May 24, 2023

I often take to my blog to complain and "get it all out", but there is lots of good stuff too.  Today I have some of those things to chat about.  Let's start with another "I love my town" note - 2023 is the 100th year celebration of our town park.  Town park is where our swimming pool is among other resources.  How are they celebrating?  Not just one weekend of activities, but four of them! That is on top of the summer concert/movie nights they have there on the regular.  Of course we will also have the huge 4th of July celebration here in town.  So many good activities to look forward to this summer.

I had a moment earlier this week, realizing that the pool opens this weekend and I still hadn't purchased our pool passes, so I got that off of the to do list.  Avery and I are ready to enjoy another summer of swimming.

Related to love of "my town" but more specifically where I am, my neighbors!  We continue to play outside in the evenings and weekends.  The driveway is full of bikes and scooters, chalk drawings, giggles and sometimes tears.  My heart is full.  I'm so happy I am somewhere that Avery can have so many friends right at and within a few years of her age.

Better still - I am sure years ago I posted about the gas powered pressure washer and snow blower that I had back in Jingletown.  They haven't worked since I lived there.  Well the one neighbor said "I can take a look".  A $20 parts kit later and the pressure washer is functioning.  How awesome is that?  He also said he'd look at the snow blower later this year.  What an incredible blessing.

Today, after a few minor delays, Viktor (our foster kittie) gets the last shot he needs before he is ready to post as available.  I have been trying to get him to interact with Church -- he is pretty adamant that he's not interested in the dogs.  He is fine in the same room with Church, but Church being who he is, wants to play -- and Viktor is not interested in him getting that close.  Hence we had a bit of swatting.  I'll keep working it - it would be very helpful to Viktor when we can mark that he is down for cat siblings.

No comments: