Sunday, April 02, 2023

Well frell.  It was a matter of time with the way the winds are here.  The storm that came through yesterday whilst I was driving back from a celebration of life in Altoona finally managed to take a bite out of the house.  Front corner of the roof above my bedroom (where the wind always comes in from) is peeled upward.

I am lucky compared to the neighbors.  They had more shingles come off after loosing some the other night.

As I said there is a lot of crazy wind here.  It also managed to break the cute little flags off of Avery's swingset in the past week.

My rain barrel is full (that was quick).  I used water from it for the first time this afternoon.

Nothing visible growing outside yet, but a couple of the tomato seeds in the basement on heated mats have popped out, so they now also have a grow lamp on them.

I didn't get a ton done this weekend what with Saturday being up early and out of town.  But I did finally put the Christmas wreaths back on their hanging pole in the basement -- and out of the way.  I mean, it is only April.

I also made a pretty friggin good dinner tonight.  Lunch was awesome too - it has been ages since I have had a blt, well, technically a belt.  I have been doing intermittent fasting the past few days trying to break my food focus.

A youtuber I enjoy talked about 40 hour fast for good friday.  I don't know if I can do that, but I am curious to take a run at it.  Thank God coffee is 0-cal.

No comments: