Sunday, April 30, 2023

We had another foster boy join our home this week.  He was taking shelter under a trailer and being fed by someone.  If I didn't know that, I would never have guessed it.  He is the most gentle and relaxed guy.  As soon as he gets one additional shot he will be listed and available for adoption.  The only bummer is that we do have to do the whole quarantine thing to keep everyone safe -- because I think Church would love to meet and play with him.

Avery has had a couple of swimming lessons, Sat/Sun this weekend and next.  They are at the local high school, so that's kind of neat to go there and see their pool.

Final random thought, I have my first well visit scheduled for this coming week since 2019.  I did call a different doctor's office after giving my current PCP one last shot.  When they put me on hold and never came back in 20 minutes that was the final straw.  To be fair, this is also the office that wouldn't see me or grant my request for steroids when my shoulder was jacked -- they're lucky I tried calling to schedule.  Either way, I'm long overdue.  I am not in the shape I'd like to be in, but I also know I need some help to assess where I am at and make sure all is well with me and that there is nothing standing in my way to get healthier.

No comments: