Friday, February 17, 2023

My sleep sucks lately.  I'm past the super stressful work activities from last summer, so I should be having an easier time, right?  Nope.

Let's just note that I am tired, very ready for bed when I get Avery to bed between 8 and 9.  Last night I showered and climbed into bed.  I am guessing it was within 10 min into a video I wanted to watch before I was out.  But then I woke up a half an hour later, before 11pm.  Mind you - I am not someone who can take 20 minute naps.  On the rare occasion I get to nap on a Sunday afternoon it takes a couple of hours.  I did get back to sleep but woke up at 2am and 5am.  Multiple wake ups seem to be the norm lately.

I know one of the common causes of waking is being too hot or too cold.  I keep the heat down at night and often turn on the ceiling fan to reinforce that coolness.  Usually when I wake I get warm a minute or two later, and have to kick the sheets down to cool for a few minutes before I can cuddle back up and re-attempt sleep.

I also have something happening that I remember first experiencing when Avery was a newborn - falling asleep on the couch I would be very aware and awake on one level but I knew my breathing had slowed to a state for someone who was asleep.  It puts you in a mental state where you think you're dying but you're at peace with it.  That is such an odd thing to write or try to explain.  I don't think it's sleep apnea.

Either way, this is exhausting.

No comments: