Sunday, November 27, 2022

Today I put in some work cooking.  I cooked up ground beef for tacos which I froze, roasted yams and butternut squash, made a match of chicken soup, made a few chicken-stuffed green peppers, and prepped the mix to stuff the small sweet peppers.  I should be eating off of this all week.

I wanted to get all of the Christmas decorations up, but that didn't happen.  Yet another chunk of the tree would not light, so the extra lights I bought last year to supplement wouldn't cover me.  We ran to Big Lots and snagged more warm lights, but they are pretty cool compared to the other warm lights -- so they cannot go together.  I ran the three strands I bought unplugging all other lights and it was pretty thin.  Several batches of colored lights had chunks burned out.  I almost lost my sh*t and pulled out the lights from when I was a child.  Yes, I fully expect the nearly 50 year old light to still work.  Instead I pulled two tri-colored strands that allow control over how the lights change -- these are probably 25 years old, something I bought early in my adulthood.  Neither of the tree toppers match the color of white so I threw something Avery made at the top and called it a night.  No ornaments have made their way on there yet but that seems to be too bad at this point.

I'm finally sitting down on the couch for a minute and the cat has swarmed me.  Sorry Churchie... I need to go spend some time with the other kitties too!  But first, some of that soup.

No comments: