Friday, November 25, 2022

I have moaned about it enough here through the years, so I'll cut the mixed emotions and sadness about holidays brief in this post.  As usual we went to one of his aunt's/uncle's. The weather was decent enough that we had our appetizers outside. It receiving a dose of sour on the way home really ruined the day for me.  I'm grateful I don't have to host a big to do because I feel like the amount of work that goes into preparing just a few (unappreciated) dishes isn't a worthy investment.

I am trying to back off the Christmas shopping this year - finally giving in to my sister telling me to not do anything for her and her husband.  I am spending less on my niece and nephew -- well, actually some of the nephew spending is instead going to their kiddo instead.  I am not buying for all of the kids in his family - I'm so over needing to hunt and hunt.  I don't know what to get for him... and it's all odds and ends for Avery at this point - no big/main gift.  Not a thing is wrapped, the thought of that is part of the reason why I am willing to back off how much I am buying.

With my several days off I am hoping to get numerous things ordered.  I got some organizing achieved and some light cleaning checked off.  I also have quality time in front of the TV cuddling with Church and time in the hot tub on my agenda.  I have also been working to get to know 3 new fosters that joined us between Tuesday and Wednesday.  These 3 were with another foster - along w/ 4 others that she trapped as kittens. They're fully vetted, so hopefully their stay will be short.  There is Vader, a long-haired black cat who is a sweet cuddly guy who loves attention, Christian, a gray guy who was a bit more reticent but still quite friendly, and then Buddy who... if I'm being honest, up until a couple of hours ago I thought could be a spicy boy.  He wouldn't return slow blinks and had buried himself under the dresser after pushing books that blocked his path out of the way.  Earlier today I tried to get his attention with a toy (again).  He sat ignoring it until I put it just in front of the dresser.  Next thing I knew a little paw reached out slowly... and then a head popped out.  Next I knew he climbed out and asked for pets!

No comments: