Tuesday, September 06, 2022

This sucks.

It's true. I have long since admitted this - I love the cat.  Church is the best cat in the world

Tonight my eyes are beyond puffy and my boy is at the emergency clinic.  Long story short he has a urinary blockage.  This weekend I thought he was constipated. Late on Sunday night he threw up.  Monday (a holiday mind you) he was not himself.  He even looked off.  He didn't want water or food.  I cleaned both liter boxes at the same time as to be able to monitor better.  Over the coarse of that day we had one poo and not a single.. pee.  When he was sitting on my lap he started to grumble like he does when his nails are being trimmed.  That's how I really knew he wasn't happy.  I tried to get him to drink.  I tried to get him to eat and the best he did was part of a moist treat.

I had done my googling and after Avery had gone to bed and was starting to be convinced of what is our current diagnosis.  It had me going back and forth on getting Avery up in the middle of the night to take him to an urgent clinic.  I was up most of the night, checking on him at least 4 times.  He was pretty lethargic, but still moving around the house.  Right at 7, when they opened I called the vet and they scheduled us for 11am.

The 11am appointment had me leaving him behind there at the vet.  I was home by noon and had a call from them before 1pm suggesting we transfer him to an emergency vet where he could be monitored all night.  His blood pressure was low, potassium high, and kidney tests off the charts among other worrisome results.  Before he was transferred they drained his bladder with a needle.

After he got settled at the emergency clinic and got some pain meds I got to hold him and love on him a bit before leaving.

I am beating myself up and it is justified.  I should have gone to the ER straight away.  Yesterday.  Late last night.  First thing this morning.  I definitely shouldn't have waited the 4 hours for his appointment.

Regardless, no news is good news - so they told me.  Now we wait.  If you're reading this I ask for your prayers that his levels might get to a place where it is safe for them to sedate him to deal with the urinary blockage.

If Church comes home and I pray that we are so blessed, damn straight it is going to look like that movie Signs in here w/ water every which way to lure him to drink more.  The last time he had moist food he threw it up, but we'll be working him over to more moist and putting water on all other food.

We love you Kiki.  Get well and come home sweet boy.

No comments: