Monday, January 17, 2022

 It's the second half of January and we got our first _real_ snow overnight.  To be fair, most of the Western half of PA and several states south of us also got significant snow as well.  I went out to shovel the driveway twice last night in an effort to spread out the pain.  I still had a good bit this morning to clear away.  Even though I expect no one I still shoveled the stairs.  I was also a good girl and cleared around the fire hydrant in my front yard -- you're welcome neighbors.  It's been blowing around, so it's hard to guestimate the overall depth but I'd say we have 6-7".  School was closed today due to the snow fall, so I didn't need to get shoveled out, but I bet I'll see people turning around in my driveway more often today as a result -- again, you're welcome neighbors.

I no sooner finished shoveling and the flurries began again.  While I am reminded to be grateful that my shoulder functions this winter I am also saying a prayer that they still function tomorrow despite the abuse.

Happy 100th birthday in heaven to Betty White.  I made my little donations to my favorite Cat and Dog rescues, you should do the same :) 

Long before I realized today was Betty's birthday we had also assigned this day to Church based on lose guestimates that he was prb around 6 months old when we adopted him on July 17.  It worked out well to not overlap Mom's birthday or Saffy's birthday, so the 17th it was labeled on my calendar and today he got a special treat with his breakfast.  Even he watched me shovel the show this morning from the front window.

No comments: