Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Saffy had her 13th gotcha day on the 3rd (we labeled her 14 yo as a result).  With Zero's birthday right after Christmas and Church's birthday earmarked for later this month we'll do one celebration later this month.  That buys me some time to figure out what I am going to do for them.  I'd like to think that I would make them some special treats - but let's be honest, even when I didn't have a kid and a lot more free time I didn't make treats but a couple of times.  I think I need to order something special and maybe plan to cook up some meat and rice to distribute to the gang.  Other ideas are welcome.

Avery and I have a lovely cough.  Around the same time I also managed to get sore ribs (intercostal muscles) again (from being in the car for a couple of hours) and shifted back to no longer being overheated.  I thought briefly that I was going down hard, but I had no fever - I truly think that my hormones finally flipped back the other direction.  It's been a couple of years that I was rarely even wearing a winter coat out of the house, but the past few weeks I have found the 20s to be painfully cold.  My sinuses are now pissed off, so it's time to do the neti pot tonight and get past this.

I have been going back and forth on my extra vitamins because I was trying to determine what was causing my nosebleeds.  I would take them for a couple of days and then have 3-4 nosebleeds a day.  Stop the vitamins and a couple of days later the nosebleeds would stop.  Debugging has led me to blame the zinc.  Further searches tell me that supplementing zinc could drain your body of copper thus giving you the nosebleeds.  Very interesting.  So the question is, can you supplement copper?  I need to research more.  At least I can continue w/ my vitamin d, vitamin c, and n-acetyl cystine.

I have been telling myself I am overdue for purging.  I need to go through so many things and cut some stuff loose.  I had taken one quick load to donate before the new year (baby bedding and a queen sized comforter since I no longer have a queen bed in this house).  Last night I found the last minute motivation to clean out the kitchen junk drawer!  It took way longer than I would have liked, which should make the full task in front of me seem extra daunting, but it was therapeutic.  I found myself quickly gathering a garbage bag of clothes before bed too.  I need to go through the other cabinets and closets and then maybe I'll have the momentum necessary to tackle the basement.

No comments: