Thursday, January 27, 2022

Last week the electric company notified me that they had a planned power outage for my house/street/area this morning.  I looked at the weather and it said low of 23 and a high in the 30s, so I wasn't sweating it.  This morning it was -7 on the way to take Avery to school.  The weather app was sticking to its guns claiming the low for today was going to be 23. *blink blink*

I headed to Starbucks for a few hours.  When I checked in via their text message service it indicated my power wasn't out.  I called their 800 number and was told that the work was done.  I was home early enough for most of my daily meetings to be from here rather than on my cell w/ the sbx noise in the background, but the power wasn't out. *shrug* ok, I'm good with that for sure... but how much are we betting the power is out by surprise some other day instead?

Speaking of work calls, I'm about done w/ all of them.  I'm truly struggling to get things done because it's one call after another.  The best part are the calls when you need to indicate what you did since the call yesterday... approximately NOTHING.  #feelingaccomplished

No comments: