Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Well, it happened.  I know the person wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but it still stings -- and not so much for the 'obvious' reason.

I ran a few errands over lunch, including popping into Walgreens.  I didn't find what I went in for, but I did find some water paints on clearance, so I snagged them.  At checkout the older woman at the register said "buying these for your grandchildren?"

I did reply that they were for my 4 year old daughter, who will love them.  It is only a little that she thinks I look old enough to have grandkids -- because, let's be honest, I am, and my severe need to recolor my hair is the clear message here.  The real reason is that I hated it when I was a kid and people mistook my dad as my grandfather.  I distinctly remember one of the instances:  Wissinger's market out on 31st street.  I remember crying.  I don't know why it bothered me so, but it did.

The good news is Avery wasn't with me.  There's no telling if this would bother her as it did me, 

No comments: