Thursday, April 01, 2021

Time for an update on the shoulder and related issues.  My appointment with the ortho doc yesterday was hands off - mostly informational in preparation for my procedure, which is scheduled for later this month.  I had to get an EKG and blood work at least 2 weeks prior so I ran to check that off of my list first thing this morning. I will need to get a covid test 4 days prior to the procedure too.  After I will have lots of PT in my future.  I pray this works.  By works I do mean returns range of motion, but, equally as important is eliminating the discomfort and returning good sleep to me.

So it turns out that part of the delay here is because at some point my voice mail ceased to exist.  When the doctor pointed out that they had tried to call numerous times and were unable to leave a message it hit me... it's been quite some time since I had a voice mail.

First I tried dialing my voice mail and I couldn't get in.  So I contacted AT&T.  They told me I didn't have a mailbox set up.  Really?  Cause I've been a customer of yours for over 20 years, switching to Cingular and back from the mergers.  It just disappeared at some point.  So they set up a new mailbox, I set a pin.  Then I struggled to figure out how to get my phone to actually send missed calls there.  I figured that out... but now it doesn't give me a notification if I have a voicemail.  Seriously.  Why did old ass technology become so difficult?

My favorite egg and Rex both asked why I didn't have a voicemail app - I never knew something like that existed for one.  I tried downloading AT&Ts low-rated voicemail app.  Sophos was pissed about it being on my phone, but that's okay - it didn't last long as it wouldn't work either and crashed pretty quick.

I guess if I miss a call I need to remember to check my voicemail.  I wish there were more viable options -- I'd consider changing my plan elsewhere, but I am still not in any hurry to ever give Verizon another penny.

No comments: