Sunday, March 07, 2021

This weekend Avery got a hair cut!  I didn't cry.  I'm kind of surprised.  She opted to have it styled straight, so it should be interesting to see how it looks after her hair get washed tonight.  From there we did our grocery shopping.  I decided to try recipes for Texas Roadhouse rolls and honey butter yesterday.  The butter is decent but the rolls aren't close enough.  They're tasty, but not quite the same.

Today we did a little more shopping.  I bought a few shirts and comfy pants to get me through while I remain at this obscene weight with an arm that doesn't want to work properly.  After I got a few things repotted and cleaned up a little more outside.  I put some potatoes into soil (fingers crossed) and put some pepper seeds in soil.  I have tried to do things from seed many times and failed -- I am not expecting much.  We'll see.

Also, I found Jesus!  Did I post here about loosing Jesus from our one manger scene?  Yeah, before Christmas Avery took him to school for show and tell.  She carried him to the car and then poof.  I found him in the plastic bags that I was gathering to take for bag recycling.  He must have dropped into them at the garage door on our way in the house.

Almost as exciting as finding Jesus (ha ha) was, finally, spotting one of the bald eagles flying above rt 19!  Hoping to be able to go sit and watch by the lake when the weather starts getting nicer.

At least I feel like I did something useful this weekend.

No comments: