Sunday, February 21, 2021

Yes, we've done weekends away (last fall) but finally we had a longer weekend that wasn't to visit family.  We packed up on Thursday morning and headed north to Splash Lagoon in Erie.  Avery's bestie and his family invited us to go.  I am certainly glad they did.  The hotel was nice; I took advantage of the jacuzzi tub in our room.  We could have gone to the water park all three days but only did so on Thursday and Friday.  The kids loved the wave pool and lazy river.  Mixed reviews from Avery on the raft based slides.  It was super weird to not have a mask on.  I hate that it felt weird.  The wearing of masks is what is weird.

On Saturday before heading home we went to the Children's Museum where the kids had a blast running around and checking things out.

I struggled sleeping on the flat bed.  When I finally got the shoulder comfortable my lower back roared.  Friday night I had a hell of a booming headache.  I thought perhaps the breakfast area had decaffed me on Friday morning.  I managed to get rid of about 90% of the headache and the rest remains today.  My neck is also pretty tender and sore right now, so I guess it wasn't decaf but instead tension causing things.

I'm complaining too much.  It was good.  I enjoyed getting to spend time with the Mr and Mrs as well, they're good people.

No comments: