Saturday, January 30, 2021

Time to catch everyone up here - at my ortho appointment last week he gave me a shot of steroid down in the shoulder and after assessment deemed it to be frozen shoulder.  I start physical therapy this coming week 2x a week and go back to see him in a month.  The shot didn't seem to do anything for me.  I am still in a constant state of ache and discomfort.

The call back on Saffy's blood work was good - everything looks great.  It is always comforting to hear nothing seems abnormal.  I sure do love that dog and hope she outlives even Vixen in years.  This is a safe space to say that I have been monitoring shelters for siberians.  I'm not in a rush and open to waiting quite some time until I spot the dog that I just instantly know I need to meet -- as I did with Saf.  I'll even admit that the thought of a puppy when Avery gets a bit older went through my mind AND STRAIGHT OUT THE OTHER SIDE.

I had a preliminary call with a financial advisor a few weeks back.  It was long coming since I haven't worked with one since I was in NC.  I think the desire was reignited by watching way too much Dave Ramsey on youtube.  Of course, most of my money is trapped with TIAA CREF since I have been with my employer so long.  I need to read the follow up material he sent and get back with him.  The bills rolling in for my shoulder made this month a rough time to start monitoring every dollar I spend.  It also means I am watching the ups and downs of the market a little bit more.  I'm glad I recorded that milestone when I did because things are back down - but I expected that with the change of leadership.

Nothing else is new.  We have snow on its way tonight and tomorrow.  I am pretty stocked up so when Avery said she didn't want to go anywhere today we decided to stay in and avoid the cold.  I am making a batch of stuffed shells this afternoon -- one of the few things I love left over.

No comments: