Friday, November 20, 2020

Shoulder

I have been dealing with pain in my shoulder area for months now.  I continue to go to the chiropractor and for monthly massages.  I really thought it was a knot like I had years ago and we'd get it addressed.  I thought it was from carrying a 35#+ kid more often than I should, so I backed off on that.  Unfortunately, I'm still struggling.  They are pretty sure it is bicipital tendonitis so my options are to stop sitting with my arms up on a desk/keyboard all day or... not.  Well the first isn't really an option.  Heck I've been doing closer to 45-50 hours as a week trying to get everything done and often working part of the weekend, so if anything I'm forced to do the exact opposite.

The chiro suggested contacting my PCP yesterday to see if they would consider any other treatment, in specific perhaps steroid to reduce the swelling.  Their response was to continue physical therapy -- as in chiro.

All I know is I am about done with this.  There is always a discomfort there - and if I move the wrong way it feels like a muscle instantly knots up producing a fair amount of shooting pain.  It effects my sleep.  It hurts to put on deodorant, it hurts to shave my armpit, I'm trying to relearn how to wipe myself with my other arm to avoid the pain that happens there, I can't easily take a shirt off... and worst of all I can't scoop my kid up.

No comments: