Monday, November 16, 2020

I am pretty sure I mentioned getting an Instant Pot for Mother's day (at my request).  This past weekend I pulled it out to cook a brisket.  I do love brisket from bbq joints, but I've never managed to make one that was tender despite long/slow cooking attempts.  Success!  It was delish.  It still takes quite some time to make -- and would have probably been better had I put it to sit with the dry rub the day before.

Trying to make something new inspired me.  I had to hunt down something different to make with it and found a recipe to make my own creamed corn.  It was a good way to use a bag of frozen corn cut from fresh ears and turned out pretty decent.  I also pulled a couple of bananas from the freezer and pulled together a batch of my choco-cream-cheese-banana bread.  It was a tasty Sunday.

No comments: