Friday, September 25, 2020

Time for an update!  On the first day the painters did get through everything upstairs (except two of the smaller closets, which I was using to get things out of the way while they worked there.  They also got started on several areas downstairs.  As they worked I emptied the pantry and readied the rest of their path forward.  From there they finished the rest of the house on Sunday while I worked upstairs going through my clothes and purged rather than putting everything back into my closet (5 bags are in the basement to go).

My current state is a little like a tornado went through.  I promised myself that I wouldn't just put everything away again without making some decisions, so the mess may remain for a little while.  I did get the office put back together quickly (as was necessary), and reconfigured it to an L shape rather than a U shape.  This also allowed me to pull the one table away from the windows so I can access them more readily.

The Halloween decorations that were previously up are back in place, but lots of other things on the wall need to be re-applied.

This past weekend Avery and I went to see my sister in Lock Haven!  We had a lovely long weekend.  I truly needed a bit of a break.  Unfortunately, that means I made no progress on clean up over the weekend.  But I guess w/ limited activities outside of the home and the high likelihood of additional lockdowns I suspect I'll have ample time in the next month or two to get it all in order.

No comments: