Friday, July 31, 2020

I am posting to acknowledge the grace I have been receiving this summer, unbeknownst to me until today. Remember that I am the person that still thanks God for my usable garage when I am coming home in rain or snow. I am also grateful for AC, which I had in Jtown too, but still... to quote Dogma there is "no pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air."
 
Cut to the chase, right? Well the HVAC company that comes to service my system in the fall and spring is woefully behind due to COVID, hence they just came today for their 'spring' AC service. Turned out I needed a new capacitor, well, I would -- very -- very soon. He even said he was surprised with the readings that the fan is actually starting up. I think he was being sincere. I saw the readings when he connected the old and new capacitors up.
 
If that thing continuing to run with our crazy hot summer and not giving me even a glimmer of trouble isn't grace I don't know what is. I'm $120 poorer, but, very grateful that I won't have a service call, I was still covered by the service plan even though it was technically expired, and I have been spared from a couple of sweltering nights with a near 3-yr old in the hotest bedroom in the house.

No comments: