Thursday, April 16, 2020

Last night I managed to get a good vacuuming downstairs too!  It felt good.  How sad is that?  I've itched to have the time others do right now to do a full purge of their closets etc, but hours are simply not on my side.

I had a couple of conference calls today that required only of me to listen other than one small comment or two.  As such I took the opportunity to snap and get some quarantine cleaning and organizing done while I tuned in!  Finally the pantry has liner on the rest of the shelves (I previously only did the top one).  Even the floor in there was scrubbed.  Everything in there is reorganized and duplicate items went downstairs.  But I didn't just pile it down there... tonight after Avery went to bed, since I had already planned to skip out on my extra evening hour of work, I went down and got things in order on the food shelves down there!  I feel so good to have achieved something here.

My reward is a nice creamy toasted almond mixed drink

Now I'm really itching.  I want more bins for under my bed so I can move my sweatshirts and clear some space in my closet.  I want to get those shelves lined too.

Aside:  remember the new dishwasher?  I couldn't figure out what the heck the "issue" was with it - the dishes are always still dripping wet, even when I run it at night and set it to night dry.  I finally pulled out the manual and thought "derp" what... how?  there isn't a heating element and it relies on circulating the hot air from the hot water to dry the dishes.  How on EARTH does that work?  Well, it doesn't.  When the hot hell did this become a thing?  Ugh. So now I have to have somewhere to put many of these dishes so they can finish drying after they're washed.

No comments: