Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter world.  This year definitely was not like any other. We stayed home, no shock there.  I admit, it was refreshing to have a holiday that didn't involve a rush to get something made and get out the door only to return home wiped out.

I did start cooking shortly after we got up, and had a brownie for breakfast - a lovely treat for Avery and I from my sister. The ham went on, which I was lucky enough to get in a last minute curbside pickup, then I started to make the broccoli-mushroom casserole.  I had to modify that recipe since I didn't have everything, but it turned out okay.  I previously cooked beets and made pickled eggs. There was a can of cranberries and a caesar salad, and finally rolls "fresh" from a tube.

After I put the ham bone on to simmer me some ham broth for the freezer.  Later in the day Avery and I made some pillsbury sugar cookies with the easter bunny on them and for a late dinner some potato skins.  It was a good day for food, for sure.  Yesterday I made haluski with some extra to freeze.  Either way I have plenty of food to eat off of without cooking more meals that will save me some time this week

We did watch a church service and had time to go for a walk and play outside.  The weather waffled back and forth between the sun and overcast, but no rain fell.  I did stay offline from work for the day although I have plenty that I need to do there.  It will wait for me, guaranteed.

This starts the first week that doesn't appear to be easier to get my 40 in.  It's okay, I have to use some vacation time before July or I'd lose it, but I still hate burning vacation.  Stop complaining.  I'm just grateful that there is a check every two weeks, many aren't so lucky as of late.

No comments: