Monday, January 06, 2020

I ruined Saffy and Dani's year yesterday by giving them baths.  It's been quite a while since they've gotten one, other than an adhoc outside spray down due to them getting muddy or having an accident while in a crate - and even when they did get their last one it was probably with the mobile groomers and not at my hand.

I was pretty surprised at all the dirtier the water was, but it sure loosened fur.  My house will be a nightmare here in a few days when it really starts to come out.  Fortunately, when the plumber was here I learned how to open the drain on Avery's tub as to get glops of fur out of there.  Dani wasn't too difficult to keep in place for her bath as she's gotten much weaker.  It was sure stressful for her, as she grunted and struggled weakly with me while I tried to get her to lay calmly.  She even pooped mid-bath *sigh*.

That said the house has the lovely wet dog odor, but there are worse things.

No comments: