Friday, November 01, 2019

As we came back in the house last night from trick or treat I noticed two dark spots on Saffy's forehead.  It looked like a vampire swooped down and bit her between her eyebrows.  Ticks.  *cringe*  Fortunately my Favorite Egg was here to help with the situation and we got them removed.  Needless to say I applied their doses of biospot immediately thereafter.

I've been avoiding using the biospot as I'm not a fan of unnecessary chemicals, especially with a little one who likes to pet and touch her puppies.  But we crossed the line to necessary.  I haven't had to deal with a tick on a dog since I lived in NC.  Ugh, it skeeves me out pretty good.

Side note:  if you're not aware - if you are in PA, you can send your ticks for testing for free!  Check it out:  https://www.ticklab.org/  I'll report back on what comes back once our report is back.

Now on to other news.  I head back to the lab today for a scan of my thyroid.  I went to the doctor on Wednesday to get checked as I've had a reoccurring sore throat.  This is the third time in 6-8 months I've had a crazy sore throat.  One of the times it was best described as feeling like I had hot sauce sitting on the back of my throat.  Cough drops don't stop the feeling and it lasts all day, peaking overnight.  When I've had a sore throat in the past it kept itself to night and early morning and lasted a short period of time.

With a little one here I went to the doctor on the side of caution.  I feared some weird strep thing or something even though I didn't have all of the symptoms.  She did not test me for strep, but felt it was allergy/sinus related.  The thyroid finding was incidental as she was checking my lymph nodes.  We drew blood on Wednesday and scheduled this scan.

No comments: