Monday, September 09, 2019

Ya know, when I get to walk away from that desk, life is pretty good.  I'm not saying it to brag, just to remind myself, instead of focusing on the "next thing" that I may want to do or buy or achieve.

I have a sweet and beautiful little girl who is sometimes (smile) willing to give me a hug that melts the rest away.  Now that it's cooled off a bit, I can stroll through the neighborhood as Avery points out the birds or as bats start to come out for the evening.  When she is tucked into bed, on the nights that I don't have to work out (which is much less often than I'd prefer), I can sit on the back porch near the fire pit with my fuzzy girls and relax.  Now that my back isn't barking, I can curl into my cozy bed and even lounge a bit on Saturday mornings with my girl still in her PJs.  While my friends don't live close, I have some really good people in my life.  I am beyond blessed in that regard.  Life is good.

No comments: