Sunday, August 04, 2019

I shouldn't have phrased my last post as "completed" as we all know, nothing is ever done.  The sink base, counter top, and tile went in.  I had to have them back to replace a cracked tile and to fix spots in the grout that were lacking.  That was last Friday.  Since then we've been struggling with everything else.

The light is finally in, despite the box being one that was made for a switch and having had wood screws put into it (go Maronda).  The faucet went in, but because the water feed lines the builders used had such huge ends, they wouldn't go up into the granite far enough to meet the faucet stems.  If they had been the normal ones ya'll probably have and can find in the local hardware store they would have been fine.  Now, I can't change to those (at least not easily) because the shut off valves are the ones that you have to pull to turn off and those feeds are connected into those.  We tried extenders on the stems, but they're leaking.  Time to apply more plumbers tape and pray for no rain.

Drilling through the glass tile also required a special bit, which is quite taxing to use on my sad little drill.  Doing a test drill on a piece of extra tile killed one battery and the other battery died doing the first real hole for the mirror.  Now we wait to re-charge.  We also realized that the mounting components we selected won't work with the 1/2" hole we made, as they'll need more, so we'll need to find something else.

I thought "I'll do something quick and easy to feel like I'm making progress".  Yeah, the replacement toilet flush handle is all janky and wobbly when put into place.  So that's coming back out and getting returned - back to the white one.

If I can get past this crap maybe I'll be motivated enough to remove the towel and toilet paper holders and change them out. I have a funny feeling those will tick me off too.

No comments: