Friday, July 12, 2019

All I wanted was some fresh veggies.  I went to the cecil farmers market for the first time.  I dunno why I didn't get there before this, it just kept slipping my mind.  Well, I went tonight.  I came home with beets, corn, cabbage, honey, and green beans... But not my wallet.

I can't believe this.  It is so unlike me. I know where and how it happened.  I froze my one credit card, and killed the other along with my debit card.  I had just put my new drivers license in it so I wouldn't forget it for a car rental next week.

It also took until hours later for me to realize.  Fortunately, by then Avery was in bed so I had the ability to fully panic.  I tried hard in prayer to put it down, asking to trust in Him, that He would put it in the hands of one of His people or turn the heart of someone if they picked it up with malice.  I know that I can trust Him, but it is hard to not freak for me.  I need to get better at letting go of control of the uncontrollable - without these types of lessons.

Long story short, if you don't have an emergency contact card in your wallet you should for many reasons.  In this case, so the people who find your wallet have someone to call to reach you.  My wallet is safe, literally - in a safe - at one of the farms.  Road trip tomorrow!

God you are good.  I am truly not worthy of the mercy you show me every day.  Forgive me for my worry, allow my trust in you to be dominant of any anxiety.

No comments: