Monday, January 14, 2019

Settle down 2019.  It's only two weeks in and you're causing all kinds of drama.

Last weekend we attended a viewing for one of my few local friends' father. This past week was hair on fire getting ready for a client demo this morning that was deferred due to weather at the 11th hour.  I was off and on the computer all weekend looking for the completion of materials that never came.  I'm frustrated to say the least with that.

But that wasn't the big ordeal this weekend.  On Saturday we learned our daycare's plans to be sold to a new owner were falling through and it was closed - immediately.  Well hell.  Fortunately, both of us have pretty understanding work situations.  My Favorite Egg was able to get work in yesterday to cover such that he could be here today with Avery and I could work as planned, since I was supposed to have the aforementioned demo.

We took some time midmorning to go checkout another daycare that gave me comfort, so we're signed up starting next Monday.  We had already worked out care for the remainder of this week with the aforementioned friend who lives very near me and their nanny.  There will still be some internal drama for me as I know these new experiences could freak Avery out, but I'm going to try and chill as to not allow her to feel my anxiety.  If I could stay chill for her while prego I can do it now.

As to good drama, my one other friend here in the area just became a Grandpap today, on my Mum's birthday!  Avery is his "PGB" (Practice GrandBaby). Fortunately the newbie is a boy, so she can still be his one and only Practice GrandDaughter.

No comments: