Sunday, November 11, 2018

My Sunday evenings continue to make me sad because my weekend is over and it's back to the grind again.  Sure, some people put in crazy hours ever week... and that isn't normal for me, so I shouldn't complain, but too bad.  It's hard to work a chunk over my 40 and be Mom.  Hell, just getting my 40 sometimes means I don't pause to eat anything more than a piece of fruit or something I can grab quickly during the day.  Needing to get back on the computer after she goes to bed wipes me out completely and takes my brain to places that makes it too hard to sleep.

I've started taking melatonin before my shower to try and get better sleep.  While that seems to have helped me fall asleep faster, I'm still waking after 5am and then making attempts to fall back asleep.  I think it has also helped stopped me from circling thoughts about work when I do wake.  Either way, I'm not getting enough sleep and here I am at 9pm not able to stay awake to even try and watch the rest of The Walking Dead.

On one hand I want to say "I need help" on the other hand, I don't want to give up the things I do for Avery.  Can someone else do my work?  Maybe taking care of the other things around here?  How about just pointing out that winning lottery ticket for me?

No comments: