Saturday, September 22, 2018

My ideas and my artistic talents rarely align.  I searched and searched, hoping to find myself an oogie boogie plywood cutout that would fit in the front window kind of leaning in from the side, so two sides would be straight/flat.  Painted black, when the light in the entry hall was on you would see the oogie boogie shadow out front.  Does this exist?  No.  Do I think for a hot second I could create it... again no, not even if I had the appropriate saws/tools.

I am however going to try out a bit of home crafting.  I bought some white pillowcases that I'm hoping I can fashion into ghosts using foam balls, perhaps some iron on patches (for eyes), and my tomato posts.  We'll see, I might end up with a "nailed it" photo to share and a couple of left over white pillow cases for the spare room.

I want some fun Halloween things to decorate with, but I never find anything that lives up to my standards and desired price ranges.  Last year I tried buying an FX projector and it was completely weak sauce, so it went back.  I spotted a Nightmare Before Christmas light show projector - one of those things that turns. It looks cute enough, but it doesn't even plug in, it runs on batteries.  That tells me most of what I need to know about that. The concept there being something turning in the dining room and casting the lights onto/through the curtains for passersby.

I actually thought about becoming one of "those people" with inflatables, but with the wind around here that seems like it would likely be a short lived and expensive object.

No comments: