Sunday, April 15, 2018

It's amazing what a little sunshine and warm weather can do...of course, as I type this the temperatures are dropping again and I've already received the ice precip alert email.  This weekend was beautiful - 70s and 80s!  Avery and I only got one walk around the neighborhood in, but we also walked around the outlets quickly on Friday night.  She got to try on her first pair of shorts and sported her sunglasses, sunhat, and bare feet too this weekend!  The flowering trees around here are bursting forth and I've seen a ton of daffodils glowing gold.

In addition to some cleaning/routine tasks this weekend...  Saturday morning Avery cooperated enough that I got some work done in her room, moving the extra dresser out of her closet to the spare bedroom and reorganizing her closet a bit.  I even scooped up everything I could find in the back yard.  While I did take a pass a while back that lightened the load, there was still plenty to gather.

I pulled the mower out briefly earlier today to catch the patch out back that is getting too tall/thick already.  I do think some of the yard will likely need additional seeding this year, but part of it is quite lush and thick already.  I also got some new shelves organized in the basement with some of my extra canned goods and baby foods.  Finally, the safety latches are on the main cabinets, ready for when the wee one is fully mobile.  That was after church and a bit of grocery shopping.

I feel like I achieve so much this weekend.  I swear the warm weather was to "blame". One thing I always forget about though is how the nicer weather comes with sinus issues.

No comments: