Thursday, February 15, 2018

Baptism day here at the house went very well, but it was quite tiring.  I am so grateful that the weather held out for us and for everyone that joined us.  This place was hopping!  Once again I didn't get to spend enough time with each person, but I know everyone understands that it is hard to linger.

The couches are comfy, but firmer than they were in the store, so I know they'll break in a bit softer.  We did have one issue at the get together w/ the new couches and that is one of the little ones didn't realize they shouldn't push the love seat back the whole way (I have it closer to the wall so it doesn't take over the whole room, but that means you can put your feet up but not recline back the whole way).  Well, guess what - the couch won.  My wall has a hole in it.  *sigh*

Yesterday my replacement box springs arrived.  That's where they determined the issue was.  I did hear a noise when the guy inspecting them gave a firm rap on the side of my box spring (they're split).  Already I feel a very distinct difference, but I know it will take a few nights for my back to readjust.  I would have said I slept well, but a little someone was up twice last night.

My back is definitely still not recovered from maternity, not that it was perfect to begin with.  I got out back to scoop the over abundance of dog poo and had to stop after two grocery bags as my back was barking.  This happened a little while back this winter after filling one grocery bag.  There is, unfortunately, plenty more out there.  It rained for a while and pretty hard later yesterday so the already moist deposits would be impossible to collect right now.

No comments: