Monday, August 14, 2017

Happy birthday Danika!  Today she turns 12 - and just a few days ago she celebrated 10 years here with me.  She's a good kid.  I have the can of moist food ready to go for her birthday celebration since I'm simply not up for the longer drive to Petsmart with her in tow.  I'm not sure if the closer pet stores allow pets inside.

The weekend once again went quickly.  I gathered more goodies from the farm including another (huge) eggplant, a (tiny) watermelon, more peppers (so glad I had waited til Saturday to stuff the peppers I had waiting), a couple of beets (yay), kale which I left behind (I've reached my threshold), some tomatoes, and wax beans.

As noted we stuffed the heck out of some peppers later on Saturday.  The damn jalapenos had my fingers on FIRE for over an hour.  Sunday I turned my focus to all of the cabbage that was still here.  With the green and curly that remained I made my first attempt at haluski (no I didn't make my own noodles).  It turned out decent!  I have plenty of leftovers to eat off of there all week.  For the purple cabbage I roasted slices with a garlic-parm butter coating and it too turned out pretty good!  My final cooking action with all of the veggies building up was to make an enchilada sauce out of the tomatillos, which went into the freezer for the next time I make enchiladas.

I did not get much cleaning (other than dishes) done, which is unfortunate as I should have company here at some point this week.  My Favorite Egg's Dad is coming to my rescue as he is willing to bring his landscaping business on the road to deal with the mud pit of a back yard.  I'm excited!

No comments: