Monday, July 17, 2017

We were up and out of the house for a photoshoot at Mingo Creek Park on Saturday morning.  I'm hopeful to have some nice shots.  After a bite to eat we headed back to my house to continue preparations.

My small bursts earlier in the week still left plenty to do in the afternoon before everyone arrived - those last minute things that would need re-done if completed too soon (sweeping up dog fur for example).  Friday I prepped some of the food items too - brownies, and a couple of salady things (broccoli salad and cuke salad), so at least that was out of the way and I could clean up the dishes.

Smartest move was pulling out the paper plates and plastic silverware as well as making meatballs in the crockpot - very little clean up as a result.

Either way I enjoyed my evening and I think everyone else did as well.  It was a long day and I was exhausted, but it was worth it.  I could have lounged about like a sloth all day Saturday but we both felt like sitting around was a bad move - so we at least tried to leave the house, making a couple of stops including trying out a new brewery here in Canonsburg (Rusty Gold).  As we were finishing up there another couple of my Favorite Egg's friends reached out looking for something to do.  Since the house was already clean we invited them over and had a second, smaller game night.  It was also very nice to get together.

This morning I did NOT wake before the alarm, which is rare anymore, that should tell you something.  When do I get to take a nap?

No comments: