Wednesday, June 07, 2017

My bacon game at this house is weak, and it is making me die a little inside.  I am an in the oven bacon cooker.  In the past it was put the bacon in on a cookie sheet as you turn on the oven set to 425 degrees and it would take about 20 minutes, sometimes needing more if you were doing a full pack.

Over the course of the past four months I've attempted to make bacon quite a few times, each one reducing the time in the oven and/or the temperature.  Today I am down to 375 and 15 minutes and it was even MORE burnt than the last time (which was at a higher temp).  What the hot hell magic is going on in this oven that has some vehement issue against my bacon!

One constant between the houses is that making bacon means the smoke detector goes off.  *sigh*  Of course in this house, it isn't as easy as pulling one down off of the wall, you have to get up on a stool and disconnect it ... or you get to hear it the whole way through the house.

A girl and her bacon will not be parted.  Love will find a way.

No comments: